[Debian-med-packaging] python3-pyvcf: python-module-in-wrong-location usr/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/vcf/ usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/vcf/

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jul 18 10:50:28 BST 2018

Hi,

I intend to update python-pyvcf and have prepared this on Salsa[1].
The package builds but I get:

  python3-pyvcf: python-module-in-wrong-location usr/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/vcf/ usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/vcf/
  dh_python3 can be used to fix this for Python 3 modules.

I can confirm from the log that dh_python3 is run.  I never experienced
this kind of misplaced files.  Thus before I do some manual copying I'd
like to ask here what I might possibly do wrong.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/python-pyvcf