[Debian-med-packaging] cwltool_1.0.20180302231433-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Mar 9 09:35:43 UTC 2018

Hi Thorsten,

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 07:00:10PM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> this does not really make sense:
>  Files: *
>  Copyright: No copyright declared
>  License: Apache-2.0
>
> If there is a license, than somebody has to grant this license. This can be either you as the project lead or the contributors  ...
>
> Paragraph 1 of the Apache license says:
>   "Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by the copyright owner that is granting the License.

I've uploaded the clarified copyright.

Personal remark:  I consider the rejection questionable for the follwing
reason: The package is not really new - DAK just assumed that it would
be new since a binary was missing.  So this rejection has left a package
inside Debian that was according to your opinion RC buggy without any
record.  So IMHO the better course of action would have been to accept
the package and file an according bug report.  There are examples where
other ftpmasters even accept new packages and file according bug reports
so this is not really an unusual way to deal with this kind of issues.

Thanks for considering next time in comparable cases