[Debian-med-packaging] Hmmer2 patch necrothread

jrmarsha jrmarsha at mtu.edu
Sun Oct 28 14:19:22 GMT 2018

> Please could you be more verbose about this patch?
>
>    1. Where did you sent this to?
I sent it here.  It was rejected upstream.  Upstream was not
professional, but things still need some work.  It was spurred by a
collision with version 3 in the Arch User Repository.
>    2. What's the purpose of this patch
It drops support for deprecated and no longer supported technologies
like Parallel Virtual Machine, enabling pthread use by default,
associated code cleanups, renaming the binaries to what debian-med
already does, and documentation changes to properly reflect the changes
to PVM removal and binary renaming.
>    3. Could you please strip down the patch to the
>       technical essence?  If seen lots of documentation changes
>       and changes of autogenerated files - I have no idea how t
>       review this.
There was quite a lot that needed to be reworked.  There is nothing
simple and complete to really get this patchset right.