[Debian-med-packaging] How to make meson accept that `pkg-config --cflags ` has empty result in case only /usr/include is needed

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Wed Sep 19 15:53:52 BST 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 02:43:43PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > > Any idea how to fix this?
> >
> > This can't work.  From the source code:
> >
> >   class HDFGroup : public HDFAttributable
> >   {
> >   public:
> >
> >       int Initialize(H5::Group& fg, std::string groupName);
> >
> >       int Initialize(HDFGroup& parentGroup, std::string groupName);

> >   };
> >
> > But:
> >
> >   template <typename T>
> >   class HDFAtom : public HDFData
> >   {
> >   public:

> >       int Initialize(H5::H5File &hdfFile, const std::string &groupName,
> >                      const std::string &attributeName)
> >       {
> >           HDFGroup group;
> >           group.Initialize(hdfFile, groupName);
> >           attribute = group.group.openAttribute(attributeName.c_str());
> >           isInitialized = true;
> >           return 1;
> >       }
> >

> > The HDFAtom::Initialize above is calling "group.Initialize" passing an
> > "H5::H5File&" as the first parameter, but there's no
> > "H5Group::Initialize (H5::H5File&...)" method declared.  This is a bug.
> >
> > The code is too cryptic for me understand what the correct solution is
> > in this case.  There are a few possibilities (creating a HDFFile first,
> > iterating over the available groups, etc.), but I'm not sure.
> >
> > I'd report this upstream.
>
> Thanks for your hint - I did so in
>
>     https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/blasr_libcpp/issues/166

This issue was closed with the remark:

   We don't support source builds. Please install blasr via bioconda as the README states. Thank you.

and than they closed the issue tracker at all (Github says 404 and the
issues entry vanished).  Pretty unhelpful and I wonder how bioconda
might magically resolve conflicting definitions.