[Debian-med-packaging] Fork of args4j (Was: Usage of private interface H5private.h in libsis-jhdf5-java 18.09.0-pre1)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Sep 20 15:21:22 BST 2018

Hi again,

for the moment I ignored the issue of using the private interface I
wrote yesterday and tried to build the Java code.  Unfortunately there
is another issue which is hopefully not as hard to solve.  In your
download tarball you are shipping

    libs/prod/cisd-args4j-9.11.2*.jar

(fortunately for my purpose also an archive including the sources
which I might be able to use for the packaging.  For the Debian
packaging we can not rely on binary JARs and thus I need to remove
these and need to rebuild from source.  However, I was instead
considering to use the Debian packaged args4j 2.33[1] which failed
due to the undefined attribute longName.

Before I now start to include the cisd-args4j fork of args4j:  Do
you see any chance to merge your changes into official args4j and
use the official project?

Kind regards and thanks for your patience to help me with the
Debian packaging

        Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libsis-jhdf5-java/blob/use_gradle/debian/patches/use_debian_packaged_args4j.patch