[Debian-med-packaging] Fork of args4j (Was: Usage of private interface H5private.h in libsis-jhdf5-java 18.09.0-pre1)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Sep 28 21:12:58 BST 2018

Hi Bernd,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:27:06PM +0200, Bernd Rinn wrote:
> Turns out that it is possible to use args4j 2.33 unchanged. I've just
> committed the according changes to the git repository.

Thanks a lot for this very helpful information.  I've no managed the
Java build using gradle.

I keep on thinking what might be the best solution to deal with your
answer about the usage of private interface H5private.h.  Packaging wise
that's quite tricky.  Do you have any link to the discussion you had
with hdf5 upstream?  I'd see some chance to ask the Debian hdf5 maintainer
to incorporate your patch but otherwise i do not have a better idea than
including a code copy of the needed files.

Thanks a lot for your great help.  Its just fun to work together with
responsive upstreams.

[1] https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2018-September/065677.html