[Debian-med-packaging] New soversion for gatb-core (Was: I failed Fwd: [med-svn] [Git][med-team/gatb-core][master] 7 commits: New upstream version)

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Dec 5 12:04:26 GMT 2019

Hi Steffen,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 01:21:23AM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Hi, hi Andres in particular,
>
> I tried my best with routine-update on this one but somehow the shared
> libraries give me bad vibes. This seems related to the previous fix of
> yours. Could you please have a look?

Well, you can not blame routine-update about ABI breaks from upstream,
right?  Gatb-core authors entertaining breaking their ABI in random
commits and they are not doing proper releases.  So we (actually I)
invented some SOVERSION for the Debian package and due to the massive
changes in the symbols its probably sensible to bump this SOVERSION
again.  I did so in Git, build running for another upload (but this
needs to go via new queue due to the new package name.