[Debian-med-packaging] Issue when updating q2cli

Liubov Chuprikova chuprikovalv at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 11:51:04 GMT 2019

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 10:40, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:

> Dear Liubov,
>
> after re-uploading q2templates to new I intended to update q2cli to the
> latest upstream version to possibly keep al q2 packages in sync.  I
> realised that there is basically a code copy of q2templates inside the
> q2cli

This is not a code copy! You accidentally uploaded q2cli's upstream tarball
into q2templates. Oh, it's happened for all of us, not only once. It would
be nice to have something to avoid this! Probably, --overwrite-download of
uscan may be useful. Although, the ideal option would be to overwrite only
if *not up-to-date*, and otherwise -- do nothing. What do you think?

> which is featuring the same minimized JS as we just dealt with in
> q2templates.  I've added this into d/changelog as todo.  I did not dived
> into q2 as deeply as you - so what do you think how to sensibly deal
> with this (assumed q2templates will be accepted quickly by ftpmaster).

I have updated qiime and q2cli, they are ready for upload!

--
Liuba