[Debian-med-packaging] FW4SPL renaming

Flavien Bridault flavien.bridault at ircad.fr
Wed Jul 17 19:36:39 BST 2019

Hi guys,

"FW4SPL" has been renamed upstream into "Sight" months ago, and I would
like to reflect this change in the debian package. I read this :

https://wiki.debian.org/RenamingPackages

and I think the easiest for me is to follow the "Clean slate method",
since this package is not used afaik as a build dependency.

However, one thing is still not clear to me. Can I do that on the
existing git repository ? Should it be renamed afterwards ? Can I do it
myself ? Otherwise do I need to ask for the creation of a new repository ?

Thanks in advance.

--
*Flavien BRIDAULT*
Software Development Director

fbridault at ircad.fr

*IRCAD France*
1, place de l'Hôpital - 67091 Strasbourg Cedex - FRANCE

http://www.ircad.fr/ <http://www.ircad.fr/>