[Debian-med-packaging] pypubsub_4.0.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Scott Kitterman ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org
Sun Oct 27 14:10:42 GMT 2019

Unfortunately I think it's best to reject this package for now.

The package is mostly fine, but it doesn't follow the python policy convention
for binary package naming.  Since it installs files in:

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pubsub

one would:

import pubsub

So the binary name should be python3-pubsub.

While the python policy isn't formally binding on other teams, this is a
convention that's widely accepted in Debian.  It should be followed unless
there's a reason not to.

Also,

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pubsub/LICENSE_BSD_Simple.txt

should not be installed in the binary.

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pubsub/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

should be in /usr/share/doc if it's needed in the binary.

Please feel free to ping me on #debian-ftp once the package is re-uploaded for
an expedited re-review.

Scott K

===

Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
concerns.