[Debian-med-packaging] Additional info: can not see update note: Odil

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Apr 9 10:36:13 BST 2020

Hi Ben,

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 10:14:03AM +0200, Ben Tris wrote:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/odil

As you can see on this tracker page it has a vcswatch entry:

    version in VCS is newer than in repository, is it time to upload?

So in principle we are aware of the outdated version and there are
reason not to upload.  In this very case I guess its that Julien Lamy
(upstream author and maintainer in one person) simply did not yet pinged
me about his fresh commit.  (Julien, can I upload?)

> This package has one update now v0.12.0:
>
> https://github.com/lamyj/odil

In general I really like your pings.  However, I think you can save your
time in cases where you see this "version in VCS is newer than in
repository" entry.  We are aware about this but there might be reasons
not (yet) to upload.

I'd like to repeat my honest thanks for your help to keep Debian up to
date in any case