[Debian-med-packaging] Additional info: can not see update note: MUMmer

Fabian Klötzl kloetzl at evolbio.mpg.de
Fri Apr 10 09:53:19 BST 2020

Hi Ben,

I agree that is is sad that mummer4 is not already in debian. However,
as Andreas suggested, we are just following the standard protocol here.

On 10.04.20 08:50, Ben Tris wrote:

> On 08-04-20 16:30, Ben Tris wrote:
>>
>> This package seems regularly updated now v4.0.0beta2:

I disagree on this. The repo has not received any updates since the
paper was released. In particular the authors did not merge my simple PR
with a significant performance improvement [1] for three years. Two
years ago s.o. asked for a stable release which has not yet come. Thus,
I think mummer4 is abandonware. It's sad, but that's how I see it.

If we wanted to have mummer4 in debian nonetheless, we would have to
contact upstream and have them clarify the "stableness" of their package.

All the best,
Fabian

[1]: https://github.com/mummer4/mummer/pull/30