[Debian-med-packaging] Removing support for an arch (cf. bug#956749: odil: FTBFS on mips64el)

Julien Lamy lamy at unistra.fr
Wed Apr 15 09:19:11 BST 2020

Hi all,
Following the build failures of Odil on mips64el (which never really
built correctly, due to timeouts), I'd like to remove the support for
mips64el. From what I've understood, I'll need to change the
Architectures entries in d/control replacing "any" with everything but
mips64el (so basically "amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386 mipsel ppc64el
s390x") and release a new version.

Should I also file a removal request bug for ftp.debian.org (like
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=954317)? If so, before
releasing the new version, afterwards or it does not matter?

Thanks,
--
Julien