[Debian-med-packaging] Request to join the Neurodebian group

Yaroslav Halchenko yoh at debian.org
Thu Feb 20 21:34:13 GMT 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Stuart,

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 01:36:35AM +1100, Stuart Prescott wrote:
> > I recently NMUd nipy and drmaa to experimental and it would be good to tidy
> > them up.

> As promised I've tidied these up and did a team upload in Debian Med project.

> > I also looked at nipype (but its source is very odd and I can't build what is
> > in the repo; I think that was .gitattributes related but end up fixing it)

> Nipype is moved to Debian Med and I've importet latest upstream and adapted
> the patches.  We should get rid of cdbs and port to Python2.  The only real
> rdepends is heudiconv which I also importet to

>    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/heudiconv

> Upstream

Kudos from upstream ;)

> mentions Python3 compatibility since 2016 so we just need to port
> nipype and move on with heudiconv.  We should get rid of cdbs build in
> nipype and normalise the packaging to latest standards (compatible with
> DPMT).  Would you volunteer to continue from here?

For nipype, heudiconv -- I would really appreciate if debhelper compat
stays at least on the level supported by debian stable, to simplify
backports.  I am ok to close eyes on all those ubuntus which will start
lagging behind ;)

Some new minor release of heudiconv will likely to come within a week, I
will make sure to check first if a new packaging is available from
debian-med.

Cheers and thanks again
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko