[Debian-med-packaging] [covid-19] Help for ocaml package needed

Shayan Doust hello at shayandoust.me
Mon Jun 1 16:22:23 BST 2020

Hello Andreas,

This may just be our only option. I've looked into ways with getting in
touch with the author of [1] and I cannot find any ways as even github
issues is disabled.

> May be there is another option:  Somehow the OCaml support could be
> obtained by a diff between the Debian packaged version 12-068 and the
> fork[1].  No idea how large this diff might be but may be it might apply
> more or less cleanly to the latest Debian packaged version as a quilt
> patch.  This could give us OCaml support to the latest upstream version.

I'll run a diff between the Debian packaged 12-068 and the fork,
assuming that nothing substantial has changed it might end up being easy
with incorporating this as a patch. I assume if there has been
substantial changes between versions, maybe different components for the
OCaml support can be nitpicked and made into a patch, that is if other
components do not break within the new version of mcl if the patch is
applied.

I'll have a look at the mcl clone[1] shortly and I'll see what I can
accomplish with the limited options we have.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust