[Debian-med-packaging] [covid-19] Help for ocaml package needed

Ralf Treinen treinen at free.fr
Thu Jun 11 09:44:54 BST 2020

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 05:44:15PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:

> There has been more progress with mcl[1] now. With the ocaml built
> libraries, I have moved the contents of _build/ into /usr/lib/ocaml
> contained in a package called "libmcl-ocaml-dev".

Could someone give me push access on salsa for that package ? I think
there are a few things that can be improved. Having push rights is much
easier for me than going trough PRs.

> Unfortunately pplacer[2], which relies on ocaml mcl bindings, generates
> the following message during build time: ocamlfind: Package `mcl' not
> found. With more investigation, it seems like when running "ocamlfind
> list" command, mcl is not listed even though the ml library contents are
> under /usr/lib/ocaml. What could be the issue? Installing the META file
> into this directory still has no effect.

If the library is accessed using ocamlfind then you have to install a
META file for that library. If that didn't work for you then maybe
something is wrong with the META file. I take it that that file is
(or can be) generated in the build process, as the *.ml files? In that
case, if you can activate the generation of that META file I may have a look.

-Ralf.