[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding python-bel-resources_0.0.3-1_amd64.changes

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sun Mar 29 13:11:42 BST 2020

Hi Scott,

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:32:57AM +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I am going to accept this despite issues.

Thanks a lot for accepting this package as well as the useful hints.

> The most important one is what appears to be a missing Depends.
>
> If you look in src/bel_resources/cli.py, you'll see it imports and makes use
> of click.  I believe this means you need to add python3-click to Depends.  The
> package is RC buggy as is, but you can fix it in your next upload.

I've fixed this in Git.

> W: python3-bel-resources: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/bel-resources
>
> Additoinally, please add a man page.  These aren't that hard to do and Debian
> users rely heavily on them.  From looking at the code, help2man will probably
> do what you need.  For an example of how to do it see:

I have added a manpage using help2man in Git.

I did not yet uploaded the package since it would remain RC buggy
since it (Build-)Depends

    https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/python-multisplitby_0.0.1-1.html

Hmmmm, I uploaded the latter before the further - may be I should add a
hint for ftpmaster but I have never found out what might be the best way
to do so.

So it would be really great if you could have a look at python-multisplitby
as well - it should be similarly easy since from same author and a pretty
simple package.

Thanks a lot for your work as ftpmaster