[Debian-med-packaging] Last step NanoPlot

Étienne Mollier etienne.mollier at mailoo.org
Fri May 1 14:48:01 BST 2020

Étienne Mollier, on 2020-04-30 19:59:20 +0200:
> Andreas Tille, on 2020-04-30 11:30:42 +0200:
> > On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:44:42PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > > Feeding the test with alignment_fasta.bam instead of
> > > alignment.bam showed that some dataset was triggering the error
> > > and not others indeed.  In the next version of NanoPlot, the
> > > upstream author removed the need to use the statsmodels python
> > > library, which is causing the bug, so just cherry picked that:
> > >
> > > 	https://github.com/wdecoster/NanoPlot/commit/da185a2e9d4f494987aedeb1eb15374cdbf99d7a
> > >
> > > As long as python3-statsmodels is *not installed* on the
> > > machine, it does the job.  However, if the package is pulled for
> > > whatever reason, then the problem comes back.  I don't know what
> > > the best approach would be to solve this properly, for the
> > > moment.
> >
> > May be we gain some time to work this out with upstream when
> > plotly-orca is in preparation?
>
> I suppose both sides can be handled in parallel yes.  After
> further investigations, it looks like the problem is confirmed
> to be in the python3-statsmodels library:
>
> 	https://github.com/statsmodels/statsmodels/issues/6679
>
> I pointed upstream to this issue; a few more eyes on that bug
> will help hopefully.

Hi Andreas,

On the good news side, there is a patch available out there that
definitely helps with this problematic behavior.  It applies
against the seaborn layer (and not statsmodels, as first
thought):

	https://github.com/mwaskom/seaborn/commit/09fef026ad89a299e13db44fa5b92885fb5b2823

I modified the library on my system to reflect that change, and
fired the run-unit-test, and it went through even though the
python3-statsmodels is installed.

The fix is available in seaborn upstream 0.10.1.  The current
version available in Debian is 0.10.0.  I thus took the liberty
to file #959366 against python3-seaborn to document the issue.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier at mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d