[Debian-med-packaging] Perl packaging team please review allelecount

gregor herrmann gregoa at debian.org
Mon May 11 21:01:46 BST 2020

On Mon, 11 May 2020 20:48:23 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I somehow got allelecount package[1] which is part of our COVID-19
> hackaton somehow build.  Its not simple Perl package but mixed with some
> C code.

Nice package, 2-in-1 :)
(A separate C project and a separate perl project.)

What I suggest to try is to copy the perl/ directory somewhere and
run `dh-make-perl --intrusive .' there. The generated debian/control
should show you which perl packages are needed in Build-Depends-Indep
and Depends (I'm pretty sure you need some at runtime as well.)

> So I was calling the Perl build manually and also injected each
> perl lib that was checked for as Build-Depends.  The result was some
> package that definitely needs polishing but I'd love to use this with
> proper tooling which I don't know.  So it would be really nice if
> somebody could have a critical view onto this.

lintian is quite unhappy, and partly because of the perl stuff …
Maybe we can let the perl_makefile build system do more work?

The following doesn't look that bad resultwise:

#v+

%:
	dh $@

override_dh_auto_clean:
	dh_auto_clean --sourcedirectory=c
	dh_auto_clean --sourcedirectory=perl

override_dh_auto_configure:
	dh_auto_configure --sourcedirectory=c
	dh_auto_configure --sourcedirectory=perl

override_dh_auto_build:
	dh_auto_build --sourcedirectory=c
	dh_auto_build --sourcedirectory=perl

override_dh_auto_test:
	dh_auto_test --sourcedirectory=c
	dh_auto_test --sourcedirectory=perl

override_dh_auto_install:
	dh_auto_install --sourcedirectory=c
	dh_auto_install --sourcedirectory=perl

#v-

Hope that helps a bit,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe