[Debian-med-packaging] Cmake issue with strelka

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri May 15 20:48:22 BST 2020

Hi,

on the nice list assembled by Jun[1] I've found strelka[2] which I
consider close to be packaged but there is a strange cmake issue.
Usually in cmake projects there is a preset CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX which
makes sure the install dir is $(CURDIR)/debian/tmp.  Unfortunately
strelka build seems to need this beeing set.  If not (as in the
current packaging) it tries to verify whether it is possible to
write to /usr/share - which is not possible for sure.

So if I build the current status in Git it fails.  If I enable

   -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp

in d/rules the package builds but installs everything into

   ./debian/tmp/$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp

which is nonsense.  Sorting out things afterwards would be a
less optimal solution - so I'd prefer if somebody could fix the
CMake configurations.  Please be sure to inspect my patch first
and assume that I was messing things up myself!

Thanks for any help

      Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2020/05/msg00088.html
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/strelka