[Debian-med-packaging] [covid-19] Help for ocaml package needed

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat May 23 14:09:09 BST 2020

Hi,

in the Debian Med Covid-19 sprint we have a set of packages that can be
used to help researching the disease.  To this set of packages belongs
pplacer which I injected into Salsa[1].  I admit I never packaged
software written in ocaml and my initial attempt was probably weak.  It
ends with:

make[2]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add '+' to parent make rule.
ocamlbuild pplacer.native
/usr/bin/ocamlopt.opt unix.cmxa -I /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa myocamlbuild.ml /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o myocamlbuild
+ /usr/bin/ocamlopt.opt unix.cmxa -I /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuildlib.cmxa myocamlbuild.ml /usr/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild/ocamlbuild.cmx -o myocamlbuild
File "myocamlbuild.ml", line 24, characters 6-78:
24 | ......Lexing.from_string &
25 |       run_and_read "ocamlfind list | cut -d' ' -f1"
Error: This expression has type Lexing.lexbuf
       but an expression was expected of type
         Ocamlbuild_pack.Loc.source = string
Command exited with code 2.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:21: pplacer.native] Error 10

Any hint what to do next and to fix this bug?

Thanks for any help

      Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/pplacer