[Debian-med-packaging] [gitlab at salsa.debian.org: srst2 | Pipeline #196156 has failed for master | 31e29937]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Nov 10 19:30:21 GMT 2020

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 06:06:27PM +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> A clear example is well worth a long explanation.  Here is the
> change I had in mind to reduce Gitlab CI noise:
>
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/srst2/-/commit/49b414e5d6d05d6346ebd0e54d06a0da94f7b8b4
>
> As you may see, most of the content comes from the CI team area,
> except the i386 build job declaration is not present anymore:
>
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/raw/master/pipeline-jobs.yml
>
> If you check the CI status, the pipeline does not include i386
> builds anymore, and remaining tests are passing, removing issues
> of false alarms.  On the other hand, that is one more file to
> maintain, so prefer fixing testing issues first.  :)

We do not have any chance to fix the test for i386 since the package is
lacking a dependency there and thus does not install.  We cannot even
add some `if i386 exit 0` thingy in the test command since the test is
not even running this.  So the ball to prevent this is at debci team
(as I tried to explain on debian-devel[1] in some other context but its
the same here).

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2020/11/msg00118.html