[Debian-med-packaging] graphbin_1.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Shayan Doust hello at shayandoust.me
Sun Sep 13 19:54:12 BST 2020

Hello Thorsten,

> please explain why you need such a huge amount of test data in this
package.

I feel it is necessary for the end-users to independently verify
functionality of their installation, as well as having some exemplar
data that is guaranteed to work with graphbin, packaged into its own
respective package.

> Please also explain how graphbin could fail the tests in your
run-unit-test.

The autopkgtest simply invokes the individual tools on some arbitrary
test data to result in some deterministic result we do not care about
(as we have no upstream-supplied expected results to compare to).

The autopkgtest does two things in this case. This is that the
respective Python files actually execute (comes useful even for future
major changes & updates and doesn't for some reason trigger an
unexpected sys.exit(1)) and that the scripts actually generate a
resultant file of size greater than zero bytes (in this case, binned
results and unbinned contig files). This is to the best standard that I
can currently test for.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust