[Debian-med-packaging] gfortran-10 issue in raster3d

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Wed Sep 30 10:19:03 BST 2020

Hi Ethan,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 10:09:15AM -0700, Ethan A Merritt wrote:

> Yes.
> To build with gfortran version>10.0 requires
>    compiler flag -std=legacy
>    inverted sense of flag -Wtabs  (what were they thinking of?!)
>    modified octal constants in source
>
> I have put an updated package on the upstream distribution site.
>
> distribution:
>    http://skuld.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/raster3d.html
> updated tarball:
>    http://skuld.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/Raster3D_3.0-7.tar.gz

Thanks a lot for the very quickly created release tarball.  That
was extremely helpful.  I just uploaded Raster3D 3.0-7.

Since you are obviously very active I'd like to point you to several
patches we are using inside the Debian package to avoid csh dependency
or just spelling issues.  You can find the complete set of patches here:

     https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/raster3d/-/tree/master/debian/patches

The example* ones and the spelling ones are IMHO very save candidates to
take over in your next release.  For others you might decide yourself.

Thanks again for your quick help