[Debian-med-packaging] Your upload of relion has a depencency to nvidia-cuda-toolkit and will not be accepted in main

Roland Fehrenbacher rf at q-leap.de
Wed Sep 30 12:57:39 BST 2020

Hi Andreas,

    A> Hi Roland, thanks a lot for your update of relion.  A minor issue
    A> is that the changelog mentiones version 2.1-1 which was never in
    A> Debian (since rejected by ftpmaster).  I personally would have
    A> integrated those changes in your new upload - but may be that's a
    A> matter of taste.  BTW, is there any reason you are using 3.1.0-2
    A> instead of 3.1.0-1?

I uploaded 3.1.0-1 and later added an autopkgtest in 3.1.0-2.

    A> But now to the real issue: Relion

    A>    Build-Depends: nvidia-cuda-toolkit

    A> And your control file has

    A>    Package: relion-cuda Section: contrib/science

    A> It is not possible to have a source package in main
    A> Build-Depending from a non-free package and creating a binary
    A> package in contrib.

Can you give me a reference for this rule? We had a discussion about this
point when I did 2.1, and the way I did it now, was the suggested way at
the time.

    A> IMHO you need to split this up into two source packages:

    A>    1. one that builds with packages in main and creates packages
    A>       in main exclusively

    A>    2. one source package that can include packages from non-free
    A>       and issue binary packages to contrib or non-free

    A> The current upload to new will receive a reject

For 2.1 I got a reject because of missing license entries, but not
because of the main/contrib mixing.

    A> (may be you ask for rejection to save some time).

No idea how I could save time by getting a rejection :)

Best,

Roland