[Debian-med-packaging] Minor bug in packaging of gdcm

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Wed Dec 1 06:28:18 GMT 2021

Hi Matt,

if you want to make sure this report is respected properly the best idea
is to run

    reportbug gdcm

to create a bug report in the bug tracking system.  I've just pushed the
change to Git to make sure it will not be forgotten meanwhile before
there is a new upload of this package.

Am Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 08:04:13PM -0500 schrieb Matt Csencsits:
> I found myself backporting gdcm 3.0.8-2 to Ubuntu 18.04 and ran into an
> issue of libcharls-dev 1 vs libcharls-dev 2.
>
> It appears that gdcm has required building against libcharls 2.0.0 since
> Jan 13, 2019 [
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gdcm/-/commit/776cbd73c9be58da71bc6c18953df75ea196e2d4]
> but currently the control file still specifies only requiring libcharls
> >=1.1.0 [
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gdcm/-/blob/debian/3.0.10-1/debian/control#L21
> ].

Thanks a lot for your backporting work and your contribution anyway