[Debian-med-packaging] Upgrading htseq failed

Juhani Numminen juhaninumminen0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:10:08 GMT 2021

Hi,

Diane, I'm sorry I failed to CC you for my last mail where I said
I've committed a fix in Debian Med Team's git.

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2021-January/089341.html

Diane Trout wrote:
>    raise ValueError, "unsupported typecode"
>
> That code seems really archaic.
>
> It really looks like old Python 2 sytax. I think string exceptions were
> deprecated a long time ago, and python 3 removed the comma separated
> list of exceptions.

That's right. It turned out we could make setup.py regenerate that file
from the actual sources, and the result of that seems to be Python 3
compatible code.

Regards,
Juhani Numminen