[Debian-med-packaging] Testing excuses for sight ?

Étienne Mollier emollier at emlwks999.eu
Mon Nov 22 21:22:15 GMT 2021

Flavien Bridault, on 2021-11-22:
> Hello guys,

Hi Flavien,

> I need your advice to understand why sight 21.0.0-2 can't migrate to
> testing. From what I see on https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sight, it seems a
> dependency, opencv is non-migratable. If I look at this package I understand
> the latest 4.5.4 is indeed non migratable. But there is a 4.5.3 version in
> testing, which would be perfectly sufficient for sight to build and run.
>
> Is this really the problem preventing sight from migrating ? If yes, can I
> do something to use 4.5.3, instead ? If not, what is the problem ? Maybe
> this auto-opencv transition ?

Yes, the migration of sight is currently blocked by auto-opencv
transition.  opencv 4.5.4 will migrate when autopkgtest failures
of auto-multiple-choice, caffe and node-opencv will be
addressed, looking at opencv migration excuses [1].  An option
to speed things up could be to fix their issues, although they
didn't seem like lhf on first sight.

[1]: https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=opencv

Trying to enforce build against 4.5.3 does not seem to be a good
idea because it is not available in sid, and thus it will fail
to install build dependencies.

> Thanks for your help.

In hope this helps,
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier at emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da