[Debian-med-packaging] Please upgrade gdcm

Étienne Mollier emollier at emlwks999.eu
Tue Oct 12 22:30:50 BST 2021

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2021-10-12:
> So I conclude that I simply run routine-upgrade on gdcm and upload if it
> builds nicely.  Afterwards we can see what might be broken.  Do you
> think that this is a plan?

Not that I have a specific interest in gdcm, but as the last
uploader (#991738), I believe I have to highlight the package
libgdcm-dev alone has more than 60 reverse build dependencies.
Several of them are not under Debian Med scope, so coordination
with maintainers of reverse dependencies has high probability to
be needed.

Your plan would sound a bit extreme with an upload to unstable,
but with an upload to experimental, that would be the first step
to get an idea of the coordination needed I guess, notably
thanks to pseudo migration excuses.  Just my two cents, in hope
this helps.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier at emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da