[Debian-med-packaging] Please upgrade gdcm

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 13 06:52:05 BST 2021

Am Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 11:25:55PM -0500 schrieb Steven Robbins:
> On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 12:39:14 P.M. CDT Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > The same answer holds for me: I have never actually uploaded gdcm and
> > > I don't know what is to be coordinated.
> >
> > So I conclude that I simply run routine-upgrade on gdcm and upload if it
> > builds nicely.  Afterwards we can see what might be broken.  Do you
> > think that this is a plan?
>
> If you really think things might be broken, then: why risk it?  For a watch
> file?  Why bother?  You can always upload a debian rev with a watch file.

Just for the watch file I would for sure stick to the same version.  I
was just trying to find out who might care for this package that seems
to be somehow "team orphaned".  We urgently need more people with
competence in medical imaging who dedicate time to this kind of basic
libraries and sooner or later we need to follow upstream version bumps.

I can't claim my desk is empty enough to dive into this and thus I leave
this untouched for now.  I agree with Étienne that an upload to unstable
is not the best idea for the moment.