[Debian-med-packaging] Transfering packages from Debian Med to DPT (Was: Please enable me transfering python-bioblend to Debian Med team)

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Jan 3 13:37:33 GMT 2022

Am Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 09:00:27PM +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
Continuing with moving packages from Debian Med to Debian Python Team

> python-sinfo 0.3.1-2
>     python3-sinfo : print different version information for loaded modules

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-spectra 0.0.11-3
>     python3-spectra : Easy color scales and color conversion for
> Python (Python 3 version)

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-stdlib-list 0.8.0-4
>     python3-stdlib-list : List of Python Standard Libraries (2.6-7, 3.2-9)

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-streamz 0.6.3-1
>     python3-streamz : build pipelines to manage continuous streams of data

Moved to Debian Python Team.
Unfortunately there is a build time test issue in my local pbuilder environment:
_______________________ test_from_iterable_backpressure ________________________

    def test_from_iterable_backpressure():
        it = iter(range(5))
        source = Source.from_iterable(it)

        wait_for(lambda: L == [0], 1, period=0.01)
>       assert next(it) == 2  # 1 is in blocked _emit
E       assert 1 == 2
E        +  where 1 = next(<range_iterator object at 0x7f93d11e14b0>)

streamz/tests/test_sources.py:151: AssertionError

However, salsa-ci is fine:
  https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-streamz/-/pipelines/333644
(besides i386 build which also failed before)

Could somebody please check and upload?

> python-stubserver 1.1-2
>     python3-stubserver : mock tester of external web dependencies for Python

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-tinyalign 0.2-5
>     python3-tinyalign : numerical representation of differences between strings

This is mentioned in med-* tasks and directly used by Biologists.  I think
we should keep it inside Debian Med team.

> python-typechecks 0.1.0+ds-2
>     python3-typechecks : express constraints on types

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-upsetplot 0.6.0-2
>     python3-upsetplot : Draw Lex et al.'s UpSet plots with Pandas and Matplotlib

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-wdlparse 0.1.0-2
>     python3-wdlparse : Workflow Description Language (WDL) parser for Python

This is mentioned in med-* tasks and directly used by Biologists.  I think
we should keep it inside Debian Med team.

> python-wordcloud 1.8.1+dfsg-2
>     python3-wordcloud : little word cloud generator in Python

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> python-xopen 1.2.1-3
>     python3-xopen : Python3 module to open compressed files transparently

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> smart-open 5.2.1-3
>     python3-smart-open : utils for streaming large files

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> sorted-nearest 0.0.31+dfsg-1
>     python3-sorted-nearest : Cython helper library for pyranges

This is just a helper for pyranges which is clearly a Debian Med package.
I see no real value in moving this to Debian Python Team.

> sphinxcontrib-autoprogram 0.1.7-1
>     python3-sphinxcontrib.autoprogram : automated documentation of CLI
> programs for Sphinx (Python 3)

Moved to Debian Python Team.

> Thanks,

You are welcome.  I'd love to see an additional Uploader for all these
moved packages.  Please let me know if you see some additional room for
enhancement of the cooperation between Debian Python Team and Debian Med
Team.