[Debian-med-packaging] New Sight version

Étienne Mollier emollier at emlwks999.eu
Fri Jun 17 20:25:56 BST 2022

Hi Flavien,

Flavien Bridault, on 2022-06-14:
> A little "up" in this thread, if someone could have a look at the update of
> Sight 21.1 and upload it if it looks ok...

Thanks for the nudge!  Sorry for the delay.

> Le 11/05/2022 à 09:01, Flavien Bridault a écrit :
> > I updated Sight to 21.1.1 and updated all patches as usual. It looks
> > good to me for upload.
> >
> > Please verify and upload it if you think it is good enough.

I pulled your changes and ran a build, plus a few tools to help
review.  Running `lintian --display-info --pedantic`, please
have a look at the lintian warnings, and see whether they can be
addressed.  I notably noticed the following:

	W: libsight: duplicate-font-file usr/share/sight/viz_scene3d/Media/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf also in (fonts-dejavu-core)
	W: libsight: unusual-interpreter python [usr/share/sight/viz_scene3d/Media/materials/genDefaultMaterial.py]

Note that there are many more messages.  You may override items
if they are not actionable, and document why they are overridden
in the corresponding lintian-overrides file.  (Note that I
understood the "elf-error In program headers:" is a lintian bug
on debug symbols packages, so you may just ignore that for the
time being in case it crops up with your lintian version.)

You can also run blhc to check the build log, to make sure
standard Debian build flags are propagated appropriately.  At
the moment, it reports that flags propagated through LDFLAGS are
missing in several instances (but maybe there is a good reason
for that, in which case you can ignore-line-regexp and document
why).

If you have the opportunity to do so, you may want to address
the bug #1013036[1]; this is not urgent yet, but will be needed
before debian 12 release.  After looking at the build log[2] and
the help page to porting to gcc-12[3], the issue didn't look
exactly obvious to me though.

[1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1013036
[2]: http://qa-logs.debian.net/2022/06/09/gcc12/sight_21.0.0-4_unstable_gcc12.log
[3]: https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-12/porting_to.html

In general, you may want to have a look at the package tracker
to have a summary of some of the different issues[4] in the
existing unstable version you might want to address.

[4]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sight

The package looks otherwise in good shape to me, and I would be
happy to upload (or happy to be beaten at uploading by someone
else) once you address the warnings I pointed to and ready the
debian/changelog for upload to unstable instead of UNRELEASED.

Thank you for your contributions!

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier at emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da