[Debian-med-packaging] libquazip update

Ben Westover bwestover.bw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 18:30:37 BST 2022

On 9/8/22 10:06 PM, Ben Westover wrote:
>> I think it makes sense to orphan this package and move it out of the
>> Debian Med team to reflect this fact.
>
> Can this be done now, since the current maintainers haven't responded
> after almost two weeks? I'd be willing to adopt.

Never mind. After reading the 1.0 migration guide [1], I have settled on
a different plan.

> Package maintainers should *not* consider 1.0 an upgrade from 0.x, but
> rather an independent package, pretty much the same way as Qt4 and Qt5
> are separate packages.

Instead of this 0.9 package being orphaned, and me adopting it and
upgrading it to 1.0, the current package will be kept at 0.9, and I will
create a new 1.0 package. There are no conflicts between 0.9 and 1.0
versions of quazip; they can be installed simultaneously.

Thanks,
--
Ben Westover