[Debian-on-mobile-maintainers] RFS: mmsd/0.1-2.2 [ITP] -- transmit and receive MMSes

Chris Talbot chris at talbothome.com
Thu Mar 25 14:42:31 GMT 2021

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: normal [important for RC bugs, wishlist for new packages]

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mmsd":

 * Package name    : mmsd
   Version         : 0.1-1 (Upstream), 0.1-2.2 (my fork of it)
   Upstream Author : chris at talbothome.com
 * URL             :
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/ofono/mmsd.git
 * License         : GPL-2.0
 * Vcs             :
https://salsa.debian.org/kop316/mmsd/-/tree/debian/latest
   Section         : mmsd is a lower level daemon that transmits and
recieves Multimedia Service Messages. The upstream package works with
both the ofono stack only. I have been working to upstream multiple
patches that fix various bugs in the core of mmsd, and adds a plugin to
have mmsd work with the Modem Manager stack.

I have been working to upstream my patches, but I have yet to recieve
any responses to my patches from the Ofono Maintainers, and I suspect
the upstream project is abandoned. See the following link for
background on my upstream efforts:

https://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=161668167401221&w=2

I have packaging that works for the original upstream mmsd, and
packaging that has all of my patches to make my fork of mmsd.

It builds those binary packages:

  mmsd

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:

  This is the ITP bug for mmsd I submitted.

  https://source.puri.sm/kop316/mmsd/

  This is where the code for my fork lives. The "Master" branch does
not include debian packaging.

  https://salsa.debian.org/kop316/mmsd/-/tree/debian/latest

  This contains the packaging for upstream mmsd.

https://salsa.debian.org/kop316/mmsd/-/tree/debian/modemmanager/latest

  This contains the packaging for my fork of mmsd.

Changes since the last upload:

mmsd (0.1-2.2) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium

  [ Chris T ]
  * Initial release.

  [ Chris T ]
  * Add attachment limit size

  [ Chris T ]
  * Cleans up the commits of mmsd
  * Sync with commit 49603c396321074edad609fb96c209e76ec63285 in branch
master
  * Modem Manager: Enable autoprocessing of unsent/unrecieved messages
when the modem is connected

Respectfully,
Chris Talbot