[Debian-pan-maintainers] Help with Jupyterlab and Javascript

Roland Mas roland.mas at entierement.net
Wed Nov 29 16:54:33 GMT 2023

Hi Yadd,

Since the jupyterlab package actually entered unstable, now would be a
good time to make it do something useful :-) As part of running it,
there's a command "jupyter-lab build" that builds quite a few things
before being able to actually run the server. However, it currently
fails due to the lack of a Javascript component that's supposed to be in
jupyterlab/staging. I excluded yarn.js from that directory in the source
package because it needs to be built from source, but since my
Javascript building skills are still not that great, could you lend me a
hand? If I include the full directory as well as
jupyterlab/node-version-check.js, then I get a working jupyterlab service.

Thanks,