[Debian-pan-maintainers] Packaging pytango 9.2.0

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Mon Aug 29 21:36:53 BST 2016

> Ok - i uploaded a version with the fixed build dependency (python3-six).

will see later because I need at least one hour to compile pytango on my realy realy oldcomputer :))

> Also there is a preliminary version of itango:

Great :)

> https://mentors.debian.net/package/itango

do not forget to create an ITP for itango.
   reportbug wnpp

If i am not wrong a few files moved from python-pytango -> python-itango (/usr/bin/itango ..)

In that case you need to follow the [1] recommendation, to my opinion this is #9

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/PackageTransition

> I'm considering adding the following to the pytango package to ease transitioning:

what do you mean exactly by ease transition ? what do you want to achieve ?

itango depends on pytango in the requieres and this should be translate into python-tango. I think that it is possible to explain to dh-python how to do this in the python package.

but Ineed to find the reference.

do not hesitate to ask on the debian-python mailing list.

cheers

Fred