[Debian-pan-maintainers] tango packaging

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Tue Sep 6 09:08:38 BST 2016

Hello Sandor let's create another thread for the tango packaging ;).

I just red that the release team is note really happy with this change... It is too invasive.
There is around 300 packages which need to be fixed....
so I think that we can postpone this until a final decision is done.

BUT, we can check that the current upgrade scripts are working with mariadb and all the supported mysql versions.
This is a big task...

the problem is that I do not have this time for it, I do some data treatment, which takes all my time.

Maybe the problem is only with mysql 5.7.

I hope that the fixe proposed by vincent will be ok for mysql < 5.7 and the mariadb, ...

I do not understand why this fix was also necessary for mariadb if you tel me that it is ok out of the box.

Cheers

Fred