[Debian-pan-maintainers] mrcfile testsuite datasets license?

Colin Palmer - STFC UKRI colin.palmer at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 20 14:31:19 BST 2022

Hi Roland,

Thanks for pointing out that the licence for some of the test datasets is not clear. I will update the readme file.

I'm not familiar with the Debian guidelines - are the files from EMDB acceptable as they are, or do you need more specific information about their licensing?

The other test files were contributed by people who agreed for me to share them publicly. There was no specific discussion of licensing, but since the files were contributed to a BSD-licensed project I've assumed that they implicitly agreed for the files to be distributed under the same licence as the code.

Most of the tests for mrcfile do not need any test data files, so if it's not possible to resolve the licensing situation to Debian's satisfaction, I could add a switch to allow a subset of the tests to be run without the test datasets present.

Best wishes,
Colin