[Debian-rtc-admin] RFA: rtc.debian.org

W. Martin Borgert debacle at debian.org
Tue May 28 13:44:18 BST 2019

Quoting Elena ``of Valhalla'' Grandi <valhalla at debian.org>:
> The main limit of this experience is that it doesn't involve servers
> with a significant number of users.

The Debian XMPP users is not used by too many people, because:

  1. Most Debianites are IRCers and frown upon neophyte technologies.
  2. Some are Jabber old timers and prefer their own account.
     "trueelena" anyone? :-)
  3. Some DDs use email only. E.g. myself until recently.
  4. A number of people would *love* to use our server,
     but get to much spam.

As soon as we get spam down, activate BOSH/WS and HTTP upload and
maybe even biboumi, we will have more users, however.