[Debian-rtc-admin] [rt.debian.org #8257] AutoReply CC: Allow debvoip to sudoedit prosody config files on vogler

Debian Developer via RT rt at rt.debian.org
Wed Apr 22 13:23:14 BST 2020

A new trouble ticket, a summary of which appears below the dashed line, regarding

  "Allow debvoip to sudoedit prosody config files on vogler",

has been created and the Requestor set you as a CC, which is why you are receiving this autoreply-on-ticket-creation message.

In case you reply to this mail, please include the following string in the subject line (excluding quotation marks):

  [rt.debian.org #8257]

Hello DSA

I like the puppet approach to manage the service in the long run but it will make it easier to iterate if we debvoip can sudoedit  /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua /etc/prosody/conf.d/debian.org.cfg.lua in order to iterate faster before sending a patch.

Any manual change will be destroy by the next puppet run, which is great because forces to have everything under puppet control.

I can provide a puppet patch myself, but since this is a "privilege escalation" I created a ticket first.

cheers