[Debian-rtc-admin] WebRTC stuff

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Sun Feb 2 09:04:49 GMT 2020

On 2019-07-09 00:15 -0300, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> For others reading along, Wookey and I met at MiniDebconf in Berlin
> recently, and discussed the possibility of participating in Debconf
> talks more "realtime" from a distance.
>
> I have looked into available tools and building blocks related to WebRTC
> for some time - some rough notes are at
> http://source.redpill.dk/media-stream-hosting.git/tree/README.md - and I
> maintain some of the building blocks in Debian, most notably Janus.
>
> Wookey has joined the RTC team and might find time to test _using_ a
> setup from the UK, if we get around to putting something together.
>
> My idea is to try setup a fusion of demos "Streaming" and "Audio Bridge"
> to offer a) realtime live video streaming of a conference room, and b) a
> single virtual microphone sharing among all visitors to the streaming,
> which I imagine is the least disrupting for hooking into the videoteam
> workflow: "Please feed the live video+audio stream to this RTCP address,
> and please include this audio-only stream to the audio mixer."
>
> No authentication and no queueing system is planned, just "a microphone"
> shared across all that enter the "room"

I just discovered at FOSDEM that Suse put together a hangouts-a-like
implementation on janus called jangouts, for their own internal
meetings, which might or might not be a useful starting
point. https://github.com/jangouts/jangouts

Not looked at all yet. Just noting it here in case any us get hold of a
tuit at some point

Wookey
http://wookware.org/