Preparing Poly/ML

Achim D. Brucker brucker at spamfence.net
Fri Aug 15 22:07:02 UTC 2008

Hi,
On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 06:24:29PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>  - I saw that you took the pain to exterminate compiler warnings;
>    in general, if you want to do that, it is not wrong per se, but in
>    my opinion, it is a bit of a time waste. So don't feel like you
>    have to.

that makes of course only sense, if submitted to upstream. If one
"fixes/improves" the Debian packages temporarily is, of course,
debatable. Especially for packages that are not that widely used
(e.g., OpenOffice compared to Poly/ML) I see this as a change of
testing opportunity.

>  - The "arm" Debian port is dying, and being replaced by "armel". Put
>    "armel" instead of "arm" in the Architecture field of the packages.

done.

>  - You commented and uncommented dh_* calls so many times I got
>    confused. I need to look at that again after lunch.

Sorry for that. What I did was more or less: take the "rules"
generated by debhelper and comment the unnecessary dh_* calls
out. Probably, this is not the best strategy...

Achim