Issues with Git repositories

Teemu Ikonen tpikonen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:56:58 UTC 2008

2008/7/4 Manuel Prinz <debian at pinguinkiste.de>:
> Am Freitag, den 04.07.2008, 11:34 +0200 schrieb Manuel Prinz:
>> I assume that this happened on accident while creating the repositories.
>> They should be 2775. This can be forced by initializing with "git --bare
>> init --shared=all". Updating the repository does not seem to be
>> possible, so deleting the repository, initializing and pushing back a
>> local copy seems to be the easiest way. If someone has a better
>> solutions, I'd be very interested in knowing that!
>
> I forgot to add: If you decide to change permissions by hand, please set
> the "core.sharedrepository" value to "2" in the config. Otherwise new
> files in the repository will get wrong permissions still. Thanks in
> advance!

I'm not sure what you mean here (could be an RTFM error by me though).
Shouldn't the "core.sharedrepository" value be either "all" or
"debian-science".

Also, could you post more accurate instructions on how to enable the
post-commit emails? I assume you have to make the "post-receive" hook
executable, but the default version of that file is all commented out.
Is there a script somewhere in alioth which sends the messages?

Best,

Teemu