v-sim needs sourceful upload for libopenbabel3 transition

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Jul 26 13:39:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 03:01:07PM +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le samedi 26 juillet 2008 à 15:00 +0200, Michael Banck a écrit :
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 05:09:03PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > > v-sim needs a sourceful upload for the libopenbabel2->libopenbabel3
> > > transition.  The problem is that v-sim-doc is Arch: all (as expected for
> > > a doc package) and depends on libopenbabel2 and some other binary
> > > libraries (very non-expected for a doc package), so a binNMU will not
> > > work here.
> >
> > OK, I saw you prepared a new package (but I'm not subscribed to
> > debian-science-maintainers, so didn't get your reply),
> OK, sorry, I didn't know. I thought you were registered.
>
> > I can sponsor the upload if you need one, please point me to a source package .dsc.
> Thanks but Torsten uploaded it !
> It is in the New queue.

The uploaded v-sim-plugins depends on both libopenbabel2 (removed from
unstable since) and libopenbabel3, see
http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/v-sim_3.4.0.3-1.html and thus will get
REJECTed.

It's probably best to add a versioned Depends on libopenbabel-dev (>=
2.2.0-1).  If you want to avoid that, make sure the package gets built
in an up-to-date and clean unstable chroot.

Other things I noticed:

 * You got Depends on libglib2.0-0 and libgtk2.0-0 in v-sim's control
   section, those should get added via ${shlibs:Depends} usually.

 * You got Depends on libnetcdf4 and libopenbabel3 in v-sim-plugin's
   control section, those should get added via ${shlibs:Depends} as
   well.

Michael