problem with spelling in texmaker

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Wed Jun 18 10:15:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Iskren Georgiev wrote:

> Dear debian science maintainers,

:)
This is a nice e-mail and works perfectly.  But in principle it is a good
idea to send a bug report viea the reportbug tool.

> I have been using texmaker and its spelling feature very nicely until few days ago
> when I was prompted with the message "Error: Can't open the dictionary" when trying
> to spell the text I had.

Just try the

     Options / Configure Texmaker / Editor

dialog and Eddit the value

     Spelling dictionary

> Since texmaker is based on hunspell and uses OpenOffice.org dictionaries, I have
> been told that there seems to have some conflict between those two in Debian.
>
> I hope this can be resolved soon.

So you can solve this "problem" yourself, but I admit that we should
start with a working spelling dictionary and the default setting to

    /usr/share/texmaker/en_US.dic

is stupid because a default should work out of the box and this one
will fail definitely.  So we try to fix this in the next package version.

Thanks for the hint

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de