RFS: EngLab

Harry Serenis chserenis at ee.auth.gr
Wed Oct 8 04:57:18 UTC 2008

Quoting "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink at debian.org>:

> * Harry Serenis <chserenis at ee.auth.gr> [081007 01:31]:
>> The build rules were renamed to build-libenglab and
>> build-libenglab-dev. The 2 packages are now configured and build in
>> separate subdirectories out-of-tree, hence they can be built
>> concurrently
>
> * They still also do the installing, which is a bit confusing.

The build-* rules have been broken further down based on your recommendations.
As for the libenglab.so link which is removed from the debian/tmp
directory before packaging the libenglab-dev:
The upstream package (possibly incorrectly) creates a symbolic link to
the static library: libenglab.so -> libenglab.a. Debian policy states
that this link should target libenglab.so.0.2.5. So the invalid link
is removed and created correctly by the dh_link program.

> Installing both builds into the same debian/tmp dir means you have to be
> carefull when putting things there twice. I think you install the
> scripts both times, so you should make it is deterministic which are choosen,
> even if both should be the same. (having one install target for both
> should allow for this). The same might be intresting for config.h

The duplicate files are now only installed in the libenglab-dev rule.

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libenglab1/libenglab1_0.2.5-4.dsc

Harry Serenis