Document why worldwind is in non-free?

Charles Plessy charles-listes+science-maintaiers at plessy.org
Mon Oct 27 08:53:43 UTC 2008

Le Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 09:35:32AM +0100, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I didn't know this URL. I updated the info about worldwind in the Wiki.
>
> FYI, this is caused by the NASA Open Source Agreement which includes a
> provision requiring changes to be your “original creation”.
>
> See: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html
> for more details.

Hi all,

by the way, the Policy version 3.8.0 recommends to document these reasons in
debian/copyright:

  "Packages in the contrib or non-free categories should state in the copyright
  file that the package is not part of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution and
  briefly explain why."

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile

Maybe this could be leveraged by nonfree.a.d.o when most packages are updated
to Policy 3.8.0.? Also, I proposed a field, 'Disclaimer', for this in the
machine-readable format that is documented on the Debian wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy