New r-cran-* packages

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon May 18 13:43:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> "In principle" I think we are always in favour of uploading and not
> second-guessing upstream.  There may always be exceptions but I don't see if
> we really need them for these tiny packages.

I would exactly use the "tiny packages" argument that they are not worth spending
time on it if the popcon is quite low and just chunks of documentation have changed.
Even if it drains not much time this might sum up and might prevent you from fixing
other, more pressing problems.  And no, I do not want to use this as an excuse
to handle low popcon packages somehow sloppy.  I just think that I also steel
users time if he notices: Ahh, new upstream version is out, checks the docs and
realises that nothing really happened.

> Pleasure. I think I missed one more further down your QA aggregation page.
> Could you check, and/or let uscan do it for you?

Metaquestion: Is there a simple way to subscribe to any package where
I'm listed as Uploader.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--