New r-cran-* packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 18 14:39:12 UTC 2009

On 18 May 2009 at 16:20, Andreas Tille wrote:
| On Mon, 18 May 2009, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
|
| > I simply update packages.  I use three to four line shell script snippets for
| > this, and honestly, I do not spend more than a few minutes a day on it. And I
| > do keep all my r-cran-* packages current.  That is my choice.
|
| Perhaps you might like to share these scripts ...

edd at ron:~$ cat src/debian/CRAN/cranscan
#!/bin/sh

uscan --rename --check-dirname-level=0 "$@"
edd at ron:~$

'debify' is a little longer, see below.  Given a call

	 ./debify foo 1.2-3 1.2-4

it expands the 1.2-4 tarball and copies the 1.2-3/debian over, having done
some parameter checking.  I then edit debian/changelog and if needed,
debian/control and fire off the pbuilder.

| > My bugcount (outside of forwarded packages and upstream issues) is typically
| > low and I like it that way too.
|
| Sure.  If there is a bug "new upstream version available" there actually
| is an interest and I would definitely upload.  I'd say that my bug count
| is typically low.
|
| > For the past several years I relied on
| >
| >    http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=edd@debian.org
| >
| > which lists co-maintained packages.
|
| Ahh forget that question.  I use this as well - but I just missed some
| of the r-cran packages you mentioned because I switched on ordering.  Just
| my fault.

How come 'your page' (ie for debian-med) lists my packages?

Dirk

edd at ron:~$ cat src/debian/CRAN/debify
#!/bin/sh -e

if [ "$#" -lt 3 ]
then
     echo "Usage: $0 file v1 v2"
     exit -1
fi

f=$1
v1=$2
v2=$3

f1=${f}_${v1}.orig.tar.gz
f2=${f}_${v2}.orig.tar.gz

if [ ! -f $f1 ]
then
    echo "Error: $f1 does not exist"
    exit -1
fi

if [ ! -f $f2 ]
then
    echo "Error: $f2 does not exist"
    exit -1
fi

echo "Expanding new archive $f2"
tar xfz $f2

d=`tar tfz $f2 | head -1 | cut -f1 -d/`
echo "Moving directory $d to $nd: "
mv $d $nd

echo "Syncing $od/debian directory to $nd"
rsync -au "$od/debian" $nd

echo "Done"