Use of changeset emails

Manuel Prinz manuel at debian.org
Tue Nov 24 12:44:24 UTC 2009

Hi Drew and others,

my inbox was flooded by changes to the Gerris Flow Solver package, which
I think was due to merging an upstream branch from upstreams VCS. I'm
sure that it was not intended but I'd like to remind everyone to keep in
mind that there may be a lot of changes when upgrading new version, and
not all are worth a notice.

Maybe we should find a way to enable only notifications on specific
branches or something alike. I see the commits list as a chance to
review changes in the packaging before they get uploaded, so only
changes to the files in debian/ are interesting for me. Others may have
different views, so I'd be happy to hear your input to that.

Please don't feel blamed, it just happened and is no big deal. But I
think we should ensure that it does not happen too often, so the commits
lists stays useable.

Best regards
Manuel